Sunday, 26 July 2009

Giant Handmade Blythe Doll Heads You Can Wear- Just Amazing

This is seriously cool I wish I could buy one but I'm positive they will go for a small fortune. here is what the creator said about how they made them.. and you should leave some comments for them at craftster on this thread
"They are made from fibreglass. They are quite light, they have a stem at the back of the neck that leads down to the waist where there is a back brace so all the weight is on their hips. As for the eyes, they are made from vac form plastic, which is a heatable plastic you can suck around a form to make a shape. We made a solid semi sphere buck by pouring plaster into half a big plastic bubble. I think the bubbles are normally used for xmas decorations, to fill with lollies and stuff. I used the vac form machine at school, thank goodness we had that available, otherwise we would have had to pay a company to do it for us at who knows what cost. The coloured part of the eye is this stuff called mylar, which was scraps left over from a show at school. It's like this mirror paper that you can stretch and staple to things to make your own mirrors. We coloured it with glass paints you can get from an art store. The eyelashes are just fake nylon hair, we used a curling rod to shape them.
There is a mechanism (crude as it may be) inside the eye which we developed so the eyelashes can flutter as the models walk. It was a difficult thing to get right, but we got there in the end"
You can also watch a video of the fashion show below, it takes a little while to get to the real blythe dolls but it is very cool to see them in action. This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.









10 comments:

  1. They are fantastic, I want one to wear to work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved them so much that I had to re-post them, I hope you don't mind, I put loads of links back to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hy,
    i wanted to send you an email but i don´t know how. could somebody help me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi if you want to send me an email just send it to contact@strawberryanarchy.co.uk

    eva I don't mind at all! thanks so much for all the links hehe there is tons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great :) He he yeah I went over the top with the linkage, but it wouldn't have been very nice not to give you credit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finds! You always do such a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to find this as I think it's amazing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post. I love your posted images and all reviews. I also collected this charming Blythe doll at PIJ. I am really happy to get this doll :D
    http://bit.ly/blythejp

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin