Friday, 23 April 2010

How To Store Herbal Tea Bags/ Herbal Tea bag Storage Solution

I got into drinking herbal tea only last year and now I love trying all different flavours and brands but if you are like me and you don't have much counter space or a spare cupboard to dedicate to the many different shaped tea boxes then they can become quite a pain in the ass to store.

I went on a hunt for something to store my tea in. Preferably a shelve system or drawers but all I could find was the ones below which just didn't appeal to my needs especially the tea bag storage which are flat and have a lid that lifts up and can only store a few flavours- very pointless in my opinion. I like to have many flavours to choose from depending on what mood I'm in. Since I've stopped drinking alcohol herbal tea is my new healthy addiction.

My mind was seriously boggled with how hard it was to find something suitable then my sister mentioned a tool box for screws and bolts then it clicked that I had a similar type system for my jewellery which would be perfect and so I went and checked it out. It was perfect! The tea bags fit perfectly and it closes to keep them fresh, it keeps them separate and it looks funky and tidy.

All I had to do was make little cardboard squares , I made plenty for when I get new tea and the top bit has enough storage space so I can keep a dedicated pen and some blue tack there (yes I agree I have become slightly OCD with my tea storing issues) Anyway below you can see the types of regular storage systems and why I think they are rubbish. At the bottom you can check out my perfect little tea drawers and you can see it in my little kitchen. If you want to buy one you can get one here. The company Keter and model flip bin you can find here to go in search yourself. Also I would be interested to hear from other people who might have had this problem and I wonder how you store them? yes I'm sad like that :D

This one below is the best out of a shit bunch but only enough room for three?

Round and Flat? = Stupid way to store them in my opinion

No lid to keep them fresh too small and not stackable
Flat and pointless yet again too little flavours and top opening lid = stupid
You would need a whole shelf for these little jars and they would be hard to store
Would be fine If you weren't bothered about choosing a flavour and wanted a random choice

Ah finally something that saves counter space, can store as many as 16 flavours and is compact
My little kitchen looks cute and organised now - yay

Click the photo to see the flavours I have- I'm gonna give some away and buy more so it's filled with only the best flavours I also have too many rose :)


Stumble Upon Toolbar

17 comments:

  1. My mother in law to be has a tea obsession and my fiance and I have been trying to find her a solution that isn't lame and won't take up a ton of space on her already crammed kitchen counter. This is amazing! I wonder if it could be wall mounted even! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh I'm having the same trouble as you, I really like your solution although I'm wondering if it's air tight? And it's not light-tight, either. I have a lot of 'loose' tea bags because I like Clipper herbal teas but having many boxes is annoying, however the bags are all loose in this tin foil that is in the box. Wonder how I could get around that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it could be wall mounted it has little bits to hang on screws! It is not completely air tight but my tea bags have been o.k in it, I get the ones that have little paper sleeves most of the time. It isn't light tight either but again it's not really effected my tea bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there is a little link on the end paragraph! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get it or who makes it? I need to get one! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, please tell us where you got it or what brand it is!! I googled "tea storage" and the picture of yours came up in images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi it is actually a tool holder or bead sorter , not an official herbal tea holder ( i love mine though) anyway here is a link... http://shopping.canoe.ca/shop/product--productId_3148054.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I have am not able to locate this item @ http://shopping.canoe.ca/shop/product--productId_3148054.html

    Where else can I get it?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. This all are awesome. I need all of this. But how I collect this?
    clipping mask service

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks For your nice creation thanks for share Thanks From Clipping Path We Provide All Photo Editing Services. Try Us
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! Have a great day!
    Herbal Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to add a comment to mention thanks for your post. This post is really interesting and quite helpful for us. Keep sharing.
    Rated #1 Herbal Incense Super Store - LegalAromaTherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information. Thanks.
    Rated Top Herbal Incense Potpourri - legalherbalspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.
    Welcome to Super Strong Incense - SuperStrongIncense.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful. I am not quite much with the internet, but I believe that what I just read is some good material. Thanks for writing such wonderful article. God bless. legal spice

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed reading every little bit of your blog. Please keep up the good work. It was so interesting! Thanks for sharing.
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin